Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 10, 2010

reaching new distances

Miles: 15+
Time: 1hr57mins
Pace: 7:48

Began at McAlpine entrance where I met David. Pretty cold, though sunny - about 35 degrees. Started the run around 3:10pm and pretty much ran out towards Harris, course, Boyce, and greenway the entire run. Kept it slow first few miles and the legs were feeling sore free and knot free. Settled into a 7:45 pace for most of the middle of the run, maybe picked it up a little bit out towards Boyce park. David finished after 10 miles and some change, told me my split - and set off. Ran the course backwards, and the first two miles on it were not bad, but I started to get antsy about finishing. Mile 13 I had to start fighting my mind about how this was starting to suck. Not that my legs felt like I couldnt hold the pace, but how good it would feel to stop. The last half mile was the straight away and I could see the finish (or start of the course) and that kept me focused and able to close it out nicely.

I know one time at App I ran about 15 or 16 on a Sunday, so I don't want to call this my furthest run...yet.


**Weekly Total**
42.4

No comments:

Post a Comment