Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

even splits to the second

Miles: 7
Time: 52:04
Pace: 07:26

Headed off for an 'out-and-back', and hoping the legs would feel a little more crisp than yesterday. Set out to run through Madison Park, (where Montford turns into a street I can't recall and comes out on Woodlawn) and then head back for an even 7. Immediately, my legs felt closer to normal than yesterday, and I naturally settled into 7:30 pace right off the bat.

Shout out to Da Bossfor repping my previous post. I appreciate his encouragement. Ever since I got to know him when I was a freshy at CCS and he was a SR., he helped motivate me that first year of running. One thing I won't forget is how we both worked with each other a couple of the last meets of the season, and that motivation transcended into me desire to stay with running.

Anyway, I hit the turn around at 26:02, and closed exactly even for the second split. It was nice to run sub 7:30 without pushing, and although the pain in my knee remains, it's still tolerable and doesn't bother me the entire run. It seems that the pain has settled to a tiny spot, and enjoys coming and going at various times through out the run (as well as various times during the day). I wonder if it's tendinitis? Closed out the run with some good strides coming home, maybe 3 or 4 80 yard picks up where I just get some turn over and greater stride length. It feels good, and it's good for those final shake outs when closing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words my friend! We really need to get up one of these days soon, catch up and all. Have a safe trip back and keep up the work. You da man!

    ReplyDelete