Total Pageviews

Friday, January 22, 2010

South Padre Island, TX



Miles: 6.5ish
Time: 51:47
Pace: 7:45-50ish

Thursday was a full day of travel and work entertaining, so with a 11am flight out, and an ETA in CLT at 5:40, my best bet was to get up early and knock out a run. Me not being a morning person, I didn't have too much problem with getting out of bed. It's not everyday you get to go for a morning run on the beach in South Padre.

I restrained myself the night before with the adult beverages, and said good night to my colleague and customer. Was on the beach at 10 after 7, and pushed off. The beach was very wide and flat, and the running on the hard wet sand was easy and nice. I clipped on my blackberry and plugged in the tunes, as well as snapped a couple of pics along the way. It was cloudy, and cool - perfect running weather, but no brilliant sunrises or clear blue skies. Not complaining though.

The miles on the beach felt great. What a serene feeling to start off any day like this. Very tranquil and centering. Not real sure how far I went before I turned around, but I think a little over 3. I would have enjoyed going a little farther, but I had to get a shower and head to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment