Total Pageviews

Monday, January 25, 2010

from out of the blue

really surprised how today's run unfolded. As I said last week, a lot of times you get an idea of how the run is going to feel within the first minute. As I turned right out of my driveway, I could tell my legs were feeling fresh. I clicked through the first mile just over 7 minutes and I knew from the ease in that mile that this was going to be a good run.

Miles: 8
Time: 56:04
Pace: 7:00

On this super windy afternoon, I was able to maintain one of the most encouraging runs of the year. It felt like I was running into the wind for much of the duration, and I was also on a pretty hilly loop. I did the Huntingtown Farms loop, and didn't have hardly any discomfort with my knee. Pain only surfaced around mile 5 and that was minimal.

I guess running only 4 days last week, as well as a drop in mileage, provided my legs with some strength. Also, I was a little surprised given what my diet was today. Oatmeal for breakfast, 2 PB&J's for lunch, and that's it. I definitly felt light - and thought my tank was going to be on empty. With tomorrow being a planned workout day on the track, I just hope I still have enough fuel in the tank for something of quality.

Splits: 7:04, 7:01, 7:16, 7:06, 7:03, 7:03, 6:29, 6:58

No comments:

Post a Comment