Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tempo Run

Warm up: 1.2 miles jog
Workout: 4 mile tempo (25 mins)
Pace: 6:15-20

Warm up was a little on the short side, but I wasn't too motivated to stay out that long in the cold for another day. Laced up the flats after the jog, then did a good 4 mile tempo. I'm not sure the mile splits, but I left the house at 5:27 and got back at 5:52, so it was somewhere in the 6:15-20 range. It went fine, and I actually did surges to satisfy my stride work out, the last half mile. I probably need to do about 6 miles for a "workout" but this didn't hurt anything going a little short today. The idea was to give my legs a chance to increase the range of motion and to feel going faster than 7:30 pace, as well as exercise my body from a more anerobic standpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment