Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 28, 2010

the mighty Misses Sip

Miles: 9.5
time: 1:14:04
pace: 7:48

The rolling hills of the vicksburg national millitary park, located against the north west banks of the mississippi river,
served as a nice get away for a run, espially in the 70 degree weather. It was paved but it was intended for light traffic, and mostly bikers and runners. The natural landscape is just sprinkled with statues and monuments of Confederate war hero's and commanders as well as union cannon's and stone carvings.










talked to a guy in the parking lot and he told me of 2 loops I could do that would give me 5.5 miles - a 2.5 mile loop and a 3 mile loop. I followed his finger to the 2.5 mile course first and then when I came around believed that I was going into the 3 mile "loop". I must have missed my turn - I kept getting farther away from the car and it was getting dark. So when I passed 2 women walking their dogs we discoved the shortest way home was to go the way I came. So ended up with a nice moderatly long run.

Felt pretty good and was very occupied by the sights so it was kind of up and down on the tempo - but I didn't feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment