Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

getting it done

Miles: 7
Time: 52:53
Pace: 7:34

Hard to say how the "progress" has been the last few weeks. On the one hand, the 7 mile runs have become manageble from a day to day standpoint - but what leaves me guessing is how my pace has been on these runs. What could be adding to this is maybe my lack of proper eating. I've felt low on fuel the last few runs and think that I need to start snacking in the afternoon before my runs which are useually aroudnu 5pm. I'm also going to start taking a protien shake afterwards, which I started after this run.

This was another freezing cold run, and having David along for this one in my neighborhood, I took into account his perspective that the neighborhoods arounud my house which we ran, were quite hilly. We started off a little quick, then I tried to hang out and was toughing it out during the majority of the run, then I found a second wind and was able to close the run strong - otherwise it could have been a pretty slow pace.

2 comments:

  1. Check out the Protein Mix - Power Max (big blue jar) at GNC....real good stuff. Low Chol, very absorbing, natural whey protein. I have been using this stuff for awhile and it's pretty good tasting too (Chocolate is the best). The stuff makes a difference in overall muscle recovery. I used it during my last 2 marathons and man did it allow for quick kickback after long 15+ runs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob - we'll see how the ole legs respond today after last nights consumption.

    ReplyDelete